In folk medicine, blueberries used as a tonic, appetizing, blood stimulating, anti-radiation, sugar reducing, as well as an antipyretic, antiscorbutic, vitamins, laxatives, the normalizing of the digestive tract, choleretic and diuretic.
Berry helpful with anemia with low education levels of hemoglobin, and low numbers of leukocytes in diseases of the gall bladder, acidosis, including diabetic. The presence of pectin in blueberries, tannin makes it indispensable in case of poisoning, radionuclide contamination of food and water.
The chemical composition. In berries contain carbohydrates, mainly fructose, ascorbic acid, carotene, vitamin PP, organic acids (benzoic, citric, malic acid, oxalic acid), pectin, tannin, antotsiad, iron, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, copper, calcium, cobalt.
Stems contain tannins, leaves - arbutin, flavonoids, triterpenoids, steroids, tannins. In berries are carbohydrates, pectin (0.47 - 0.62%), sugar, glucose and fructose (5.26 - 6.8%), organic acids (citric, malic acid, oxalic acid), fiber, tannins and dyes ( 0.14 - 0.19%). The seeds are rich in fatty oil.
Usage: Berries are eaten blueberries for health and for longevity. Use them as antiscorbutic and for the normalization of metabolic processes. Also, these berries positively affect the function of certain endocrine glands (especially thyroid). According to recent reports, berries blueberries tend to antitumor activity. Their use in food has an effective action in atherosclerosis, hypertension, capillary toxicosis, rheumatism, flu and other diseases associated with lack of blood capillaries. Folic acid found in berries and blueberries prevents the development of pathologies of the nervous system in newborns. Berries Blueberries advise pregnant women to have as a natural source of folic acid. They are very helpful working in harmful conditions, as the pectin can bind and excrete radioactive metals, as well as relieve allergies caused by the use of various drugs.
Blueberry berries help elderly people to remain alert and active, not in vain believed blueberries blueberries berry juice give centenarians in feverish conditions, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as to enhance the production of gastric juice, and broth of dried fruits and sprouts will help with dysentery, catarrh the stomach and for the normalization of metabolism when taken orally and externally - with skin diseases and as a wound-healing agent.
Blueberry berries increased gastric secretion, so for gastritis with low acidity, enterocolitis recommended infusion.
Decoction of the leaves with sprigs of blueberries can help with heart disease and as an adjunct in the treatment of kandidomikoza, especially of internal organs.
Berries are eaten fresh, frozen, used in the manufacture of jam, jam, jam, juice, kvass, beverage, fillings for cakes and pastel.
Contraindications for the use of plants as a treatment plan, and in food have not been established.
Decoction of the blueberry leaves:
- 1 tbsp. l. dried powdered leaves pour 1 cup boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Insist 30 minutes, strain and drink 0.5 cups 3 times daily before meals for patients with diabetes and anemia.
- 2 tablespoons leaves pour 1 cup boiling water and boil 10 minutes. Allow to cool, filtered through the hour. Take 1 tablespoon of 4 - 6 times a day as a laxative.
Infusion of berries blueberries:
- 1 tbsp. l. dried berries pour 1 cup boiling water and insist 30 minutes. Filter and drink a quarter cup of 3 - 4 times per day before meals with anemia, leukemia, diabetes, acidosis.
- 1 tablespoon dried berries in a thermos filled with boiled water at night. Filter. Take one tablespoon in 2 hours with dysentery, anemia, as a vitamin.
Decoction of the blueberry leaves and stems:
- 1 tbsp. l. dry raw, crushed to a size small tea leaves, pour in 1.5 cups of water and boiled for 5 min, and then argue for an hour. Filter and drink 0.5 cups 3 times daily before meals for patients with diabetes.
Attention! Contained on the site means of alternative medicine are given to help! Before applying them to consult with your doctor!